Monday, August 30, 2010

looking up

after my visit the other day with dr. reality-check ("human reproduction is an inefficient process and we do our best to set up a situation that mimics a natural pregnancy, giving you about a 20% chance of conception... your best chance is IVF") and leaving with a lump in my throat vs. hopeful smiles, i was told to go purchase an ovulation predictor kit to check if I ovulated on my own so we wouldn't "miss our window" by waiting until today for the IUI. so i've dutifully been peeing on a stick, looking for the two lines. still no success. I guess up until this morning that's a good thing (that i didn't prematurely ovulate) but i thought this morning i should be two-lining it, since the insemination will be happening in a couple of hours. I called the office but the nurse assured me (after talking with dr. reality-check) that everything was fine and i should be releasing my eggs any time in the next 12 hours and that was good since the sperm will already be "on board". ok... i have some skepticisim, but what am I to do but listen to the pros?

i slept well, for which i'm grateful. i had, also, some holy moments last night with jeremy. a blessing. prayer and tears. and we raise our heads and look to the One who actually does have a say in all of this. God said.... and it was good. praying he speaks today, life into being. inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment